Mom had a good Memorial Day. Joe and Michelle came out for the weekend and on Sunday had a big BBQ on the farm. Aunt Betty and Uncle John and aund Dori came along with Heather and her crew. Joe said mom had a good time and was joking with all.
I talked to dad on Monday and he told me that mom has been naughty. She tried on Sunday night to get up all on her own and use the bathroom. Well, she got as far as the end of the bed and then she fell. She has a nice bruise under her right eye on her cheek and her right shoulder is tender. Dad will never let her live it down. Mom knows it. She was complaining to me that she just couldn't do anything without the whole world knowing her business anymore. I agree, she is under 24/7 watch. Mom said she couldn't wait for someone to come and visit so she could tell them that dad hit her! Then she immediately said she couldn't do that because dad has been sooo wonderful to her. When I talked to mom and told her of our BBQ plans for Monday I told her that I had a wicked sunburn. She just laughed and said I was feeling the effects of Radiation. It is so wonderful that mom still has her wit and charm about her.
Joe Mike made the comment that it was different to see how loving and tender our dad is with mom. Growing up dad was always tough and strict. He rarely showed any emotion. Now he shows how much he loves her openly. Don't get me wrong. We always knew that dad loved mom. They kissed and held hands and all that other gross stuff kids hate. Now, however, it is tender and sweet and loving. I for one adore it. I love to see them talk in hushed low tones when they think no one is watching. It brings joy to my heart. It has also taught me to be more openly loving with my kids and my husband. What a great lesson to learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rachael,
I just found your blog through Jennifer (Salisbury) Lloyd's. Thanks for taking the time to share your Mom's journey with everyone - I know everyone is anxious to hear the latest news. Please give our love to your Mom from the Koch family!
Marcie Koch
Post a Comment