Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A memory from Aunt Terry

As all who are crafters know you push yourself to get those last projects done and never get enough sleep during Christmas sales. One year at Cordiner in Walla Walla, Judy asked me if I knew where she could take a nap. I took her to the balcony, which was empty but carpeted. Every year after that , when things got slow in the afternoon, if I couldn't find your Mom, I knew she was upstairs taking a nap. She could just curl up on the floor and go right to sleep. I used to check on her now and then. I have that picture of her in my mind often when I think of her. In Pendleton I would watch the booth so she and your Dad could have lunch together. After lunch Judy could just fall asleep sitting in her chair. I always thought Joe was great going with her and taking care of her. She was a lucky lady in so many ways.
Love you,
Aunt Terry

No comments: