I wanted to update everyone on the family exactly one month from mom's passing. Unfortunately I was packing and getting my family ready for me to be gone to Washington again. My grandmother, mom's mom, passed away last Saturday August 15. So here I am at dad's computer once again.
This last month has been hard, but I feel like the family is coping well. Dad is in good spirits, although he still looks a little tired. He is easy to laugh and has a smile on his face a lot. It's also easy to talk about mom around him and for that I am grateful.
I have had the chance last night and this morning to go through the mountain of cards that were sent and received this last month. What a great blessing to me. Having a good cry now and then can be very healing. Although it does make your eyes puffy, your nose red and runny, and your nose stuffy later, it has been a joy to read all of the wonderful things said about my mom. I always knew she was a wonderful woman, I just never realized how many other people knew that.
I also wanted to say thank-you. After the funeral looking at the cards and reading them seemed like such a chore. Now it truly is a wonderful joy and a great tribute to my mom. So thank you for sending them and giving us such amazing treasures.
The family is fine. We seem to love that term. But we are. Thanks for reading our blog on mom and I will continue to update throughout this year and then we will end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment