Here are some memories of mom. One is from Vickie DeMille, mom's sister; and one is from Nicole, one of mom's nieces. Both are amazing and truly a treasure. Thanks Vickie and Nicole for sharing.
The one memory of your mother I hold dearest and one that gives me peace and comfort is the experience I shared with her in going through the temple for her endowments. She is my only sibling who I have had the chance to sit next to in the temple. When she came through the veil into the Celestial Room for the first time, I gave her a hug and I couldn't let go because of the overwhelming feelings I had. She even said you can let go now and I told her no just give me one more second. It was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders because I knew I now had an eternal sister. I will miss our talks about the gospel and hearing her testimony, but am so thankful that we were able to share that bond as sisters.
Aunt Vickie
When I think of your mom my first thought is her laughter. Erica and I were talking and remembering that no matter what room of the house you were in you could hear Aunt Judy's laughter some where and know where she was. Its hard to think of a time when she did not have a smile on her face. I also remember family holidays with an amazing spread of food that seemed effortlessly prepared. Your mom could make the most amazing dinner rolls and watching her make them was a thing in itself. Her hands would move with practiced precision and while she was talking away a pan full of perfectly prepared rolls would appear. YUM. Now that I have a young family of my own I marvel at how both of our moms used their creativity to create volumes of crafty things to sell and share with others during the holidays. Really, I know they lost some sleep during those busy months, but they somehow found the energy to do it all. Many of my other memories are of your family which your mom is such a pillar to, there was always an open door for puppies, kittens, dogs and cats that needed food or shelter, and the family talent shows were entertaining and laughter filled.
We send our love from Bellingham,
Nicole and family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment