Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Note From Judy

On July 19 Stacey Taylor e-mailed this to all the care-givers who graced our home with their love. Just thought I would share it with you.

Yesterday my sister in law Brenda was involved in a very bad car accident, the driver of the other car was one of my daughter's best friends... the initial phone call giving us this information came at about 2 pm... 3 minutes later Heather called to tell me that the end was close for her mother. I hurried over and found that same peace within Judy's home that has been a comfort to so many over the past few months. I didn't stay long, I didn't want to intrude, but I told Judy how well she had done and that she needed to continue to be brave, that there might be others who needed her strength and that she could help them. I told her that I loved her and kissed her goodbye. I didn't want to leave (I never do) but all was well, it was time to go. About 5 pm Tim, Tyra, and I headed into the hospital to be with Brenda, I got the phone call from Joe that Judy had passed on just as we were walking into the hospital... he sounded calm and comforted, he is such a good, good man (Judy chose well!) Later in the evening Brenda was released, her son and daughter in law drove her home...we headed to a pharmacy to pick up her meds. We had a wait of 30 minutes so we walked over to a Panda Express and ate dinner. At the end of our meal I opened my fortune cookie and this is what it said:
"If given a penny for every kind act, You'd be a millionaire."
I smiled and tears welled up... I felt like Judy had sent that to me and to you. I wanted to share that with you...Thank you all for every kind act, for every encouraging word, for loving Judy and her family and helping Judy endure to the end. You are all so wonderful... I'm so glad I rub shoulders with you and live in such a wonderful community.
All my love,
Stacey

No comments: