There are so many memories that I will cherish with Judy.She always had a way of making you feel like a part of the family. When Derrick first took me to Washington to meet the family we had only been dating a few months but as soon as Judy came home she greeted Derrick and I with a big hug. I think some how she knew even at that time that we would be family. After Derrick and I were married she always was very excited to introduce me as her new daughter and I was happy to be considered so.
Another one of my favorite memories was the first Christmas Derrick and I spent in Washington. On the first day we were there the boys were out working in the yard like usual and Judy and I were in the kitchen making carmel corn. We had a good time just talking and laughing together. We packaged up the heaps of caramel corn and picked out some of her favorite crafts. We then went around to the neighbors houses and gave them her gifts.I just loved seeing Judy's face light up as she gave her neighbors presents. She loved giving and it showed. The holiday as usual was filled with food, fun, and laughter.On Christmas eve we played the infamous bag game and of course we had to break out the coat hangers to see if the boys could still fit through it. We played her chimes and dear Grandma Bates sang along and attempted to play as well although she ended up being four beats late on her note. Judy loved every minuet of it and I was glad that I was there to share in the fun.
Catherine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment