Thursday, October 15, 2009

Some Memories from Judy's Church Sisters

Dear Sisters,
Since Judy passed on, I have thought about when Rebecca called me a couple weeks before Judy had gall bladder surgery and asked if I knew Judy wasn't feeling well. She said for a few weeks Judy had not looked well and had been coming just to teach her primary lesson and then leave. I have reflected on the dedication and love this showed since Judy had no idea how sick she was. She was simply being valiant in her testimony and doing what Judy always did; she gave her all in whatever her assignment might be. I had the opportunity of decorating with her for different events over the years and thinking, "Wow, this is so beautiful. I would never have been able to do this." When I visit taught her, her living room would be covered with adorable crafts which she would work on between bus runs. One of her Christ-like characteristics was she was a creator. She shared her talents freely and wanted everyone to enjoy them too. Heaven is definitely more beautiful since Judy arrived. Joe and Judy's home was a sacred place and I felt blessed every time I visited. I was strengthened by the devotion the Pauly family shared with one another. I am grateful for the effort that was made so that I could have the personal experience I did and as a group was allowed to participate in. Judy blessed us all one more time by letting us serve her.
-Rhonda Jenks, Basin City 1st Ward Relief Society President

Judy was such a great example, and she never had to say a word! -Sandy B

I got to sell crafts with Judy at a bazaar at Christmastime. This can be quite competitive because everyone is wanting customers to buy their crafts but Judy was so great to give me advice and even share her booth with me. Most of all I loved Judy's special cookies. I still need to get that recipe! Every Christmas I will remember Judy as I pull out her Santa she made me and put it on the shelf. She is the spirit of Christmas. Hope and Joy and Love. I miss her.
- Janae Riner


JUDY, I MISS YOU
I am I cried, and I know why,
I knew an Angel, in dignity she died.
I cry a bit, my heart is full.
I am I cried, I must I will.
I am I cried, I am lonely still.
- Jerri Gammon

No comments: