Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pictures Finally!













I am sitting at Dad's computer and he has some great pictures so I thought I would quickly get some on since I have promised these for a long time.





The first one is a picture of my mom when her and dad went on a cruise a few years ago. This will at least give some of you an idea of what she looked like before cancer. The second one is Joe Mike shaving her head! She was loosing hair so fast at this point that she, dad and Joe decided it would be better to have it shaved. Joe thought mom would look great with a moe hawk. I'm sure you can see how mom felt about that! The third is when mom and dad were sitting in the living room listening to Joe and Michelle's wedding. Mom had on her favorite hat with a tulip in it, her favorite flower. The last one was taken only a few weeks ago. It really shows my mom's personality. She loves to laugh. Even now she will smile and almost get a giggle out now and then. (Okay, they came up backwards so just know the bottom picture is number one and the rest go up from there.)





She has gone down hill since Ketra and I arrived on Tuesday. She is still her patient self she has been through this whole process. She tolerates all of us as we take care of her. She eats best for my dad. Well, she does everything best for my dad. And she still lights up when he enters the room. She knows too. She can recognize his walk and his voice instantly. She is however getting weaker and it is harder for her to stand and move in general. In reality, we almost pick her up to help her move around and reposition her. Ketra and I leave tomorrow and Derrick and Catherine will be in with baby Jayden later in the evening.





I still can't believe all of the love and support given our family. It is such a blessing to be 0n the receiving end of service. Thank-you again for all of your prayers, love and help.

No comments: