Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Time is Short

Things are moving fast with mom now. She has stopped eating all together and dad said she took very little fluids today. The Hospice nurse has changed some of her medication so it is much easier for her to take. Mostly they are making everything into a liquid form and she is getting it by syringe. She is also in a hospital bed now. She is no longer being transferred from bed to wheel chair or from wheel chair to anything else. She is also sleeping almost non stop. Dad said she only opens her eyes for a few minutes and then goes right back to sleep. I don't know the pain level she has, but Hospice has provided some very good medication to take care of anything that needs taking care of. We are now down to just days instead of weeks or months. (However, I have been wrong before so don't quote me on that.) I think this is about all I can say for now. Just know that our family is being taken care of. We are being comforted by our Heavenly Father. Though this is very difficult and down right awful, we will be okay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Pauley Family,
Your in are thoughts and Parys doing this very difficult time.

Love
The Hailey & Hartley Family

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts any prayers are with you and your family. I want to thank you for providing this site and keeping us updated. Judy and Joe are very special people.

Love Rita Tollison