Monday, July 13, 2009

A Special Visit

Mom is on the road down again. She stopped eating well on Saturday. She is in more pain and has had a few shots of morphine the last couple of days. All in all things are progressing how we expected and everyone is doing everything possible to make mom as comfortable as possible.
Stacey told me about some things that happened this week in an e-mail. She put things so wonderfully that I will just cut and paste her info in. Please grab a tissue - I had to.
Rach
Tuesday morning we were visiting with your mom (she was very alert and social) and at one point we were laughing and she joined in... the most beautiful laugh... I will treasure that little gift, it meant the world to me! Later in the week I had my hand close to hers and she found it and just lightly squeezed it and held on gently... it was a very loving gesture, I couldn't stop the tears... I just love your mother and being with her. Emmett Whitby is in your mom's primary class... he has been asking to come visit, Alisa brought him by on Saturday. Shandece and Lana Nielson were sitting with your mother... she had been pretty quiet the entire shift, resting with her eyes closed. Alisa had told Emmett before hand that Sis. Pauly would look a little different, that she wouldn't have any hair. Emmett was amazing... he walked right over to the bed and announced that he was there... your mom turned her head towards him, opened her eyes for him and smiled. He told her how much he missed her, he chatted on about school, his summer, primary... he sang her a song, he never paused... he chatted on and on and then told her that he loved her before leaving. Alisa was quite amazed... once in the car 'the floodgates' opened up and little tears came. Alisa asked, "Was Sister Pauly different?" he said, "Yes but No... her face is the same." He was tender about her being ill... he wants her to be better. What a wonderful visit!!! There is also humor... Wednesday Lana Haws and I were 'fired". I had trouble with a nasty air bubble in the syringe at your mother's expense (I suggested to her that she should fire me). Later Lana had a similar problem with a dropper of water... at that point she said to Lana, "You're fired".(ha)!!
Everyday we see glimpses of your mother especially in her facial expressions (the raised eyebrows, smiles) thank you for sharing her with us!!! Love, Stacey

No comments: