Thursday, July 16, 2009

Waiting Game

We are in that awful state of the waiting game. I know how awful that sounds, but it is the truth. Mom is no longer eating, again, and she is sleeping almost 24/7, again. This time around however, she is having more difficulty breathing and a lot more pain. Hospice has been invaluable at this point. They have provided morphine and mom is getting regular doses of that. She also has some Hydrocodone that she is taking to help make her comfortable. I know this is not much information or seems like not much information, but that is the reality of our world. Dad is doing fine. Those are his own words. He doesn't say much and he reacts about the same, but I think he really is fine. Not great, not okay, just fine. You know, it's funny, mom said the same thing when she was first diagnosed. She would shout it from every room and tell us all boldly, "I'M FINE!" And so we are.

No comments: